Word power flows from you and back to you…
Words are power, not only do they have the power to influence and control others as they go out from you as spoken words and as written words, but they can also reflect this power back to you!
By using strong words they influence those they are directed at, but these words subconsciously bolster your own image, the image your conscious self sees. These become power affirmations and start changing you from the inside out.
As an example, if you talk wimpy, using words and sentences that show you are unsure of yourself, always apologizing and being afraid to make definite statements, people will realize what you are made of. But, if you start talking more positively, more uplifting, it will change other people’s opinions of you and it will change your own opinion of yourself!
If nothing else, these word power secrets may just make you into a more charming, likeable person… look what they’ve done for me!
Let’s get started…
Turn your words into action words…
We rush off to the ER to be patched up and healed… Repair your words - try adding ER to them. Such as turning BUILD into BUILDER, READ into READER, and WARM into WARMER.
Of course it won’t always work, but were it can be used, it turns your words into action words, assertive words that go right into the psyche of your audience.
Magic words that can get your reader to do your bidding…
These uplifting words will add power to your messages…
Words that will make you into an expert copywriter…
Those amazing marketers and communicators from the past knew the secret of often using the strongest words in their copy such as:
Nothing gets more attention than “free” and the word “you” is magic. It should be used everywhere. Plus it keeps you focused on who you are addressing. A little effort will enable you to come up with many places to use “new” in your copy. And “how” will work wonders in otherwise boring writing.
Everyone wants to know "how" to do something. How to be more productive. How to be more attractive. And even how to be a better writer.
These are the timeless power words that have always worked, and if you don’t believe they still work, leave them out of your writings at your own peril!
And according to Yale, The top 10 words…
According to the psychology department at Yale University, some words in the English language are more powerful than others. And their top 10 most powerful:
1. You -- Listed as the #1 most powerful word in every study reviewed. Because of the personal nature of advertising copywriting, you should use “you” in your headline, opening line and as often as possible. In fact, many copywriters will throw out a headline if “you” is not in it.
2. Results -- Works in rationalizing a purchase.
3. Health -- Especially powerful when it applies to a product.
4. Guarantee -- Provides a sense of safety at the time of purchase.
5. Discover -- Presents a sense of excitement and adventure.
6. Love -- Continues to be an all-time favorite.
7. Proven -- Helps remove fear from trying something new.
8. Safety -- This could refer to health or long-lasting quality.
9. Save -- We all want to save something.
10. New -- It's part of basic human makeup to seek novelty.
My friend, I sure hope this will prove helpful to all your endeavors. But this is just the beginning, there’s 64 more pages of words and what they can do for you, please check out my book Mail Order Millionaire Copywriting Words.
And please, don’t attempt any marketing, e-mails, even love-letters without this word power knowledge!
And here's some more of my helpful marketing websites:
For lots of great catalog marketing ideas try:
You will learn all the secrets of website marketing – website copywriting, design, marketing, and much more at:
Your friend for direct mail response,